If we were fighting off a zombie apocalypse, we’d probably want to be in the Lexus J201 Concept.
Think about it for a minute: Lux-level interior amenities with the ability to tackle nearly impossible obstacles?
This badass concept is based on the Lexus LX 570, but it adds so many crazy-cool features it becomes the go-anywhere vehicle to literally go anywhere. So, it makes sense that Lexus will be using this vehicle to test its chops during the 10-day Rebelle Rally that traverses some of the toughest terrain in California and Nevada.
While the J201 adds a series of rugged interior and exterior accessories, it’s also worth noting the powertrain is also leveled up. The regular LX 570 is equipped with a 5.7-liter V-8 that delivers 383 horsepower and 403 pound-feet of torque. But the J201 gets a Magnuson Supercharger, and the end result is an output of 550 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque.
Other performance enhancers include a TJM Airtec snorkel, ARB high-performance twin onboard compressor and performance differentials.
Exterior enhancements include:
- CBI off-road front bumper with winch mount recovery points
- WARN Industries winch
- RIGID Industries light bar
- EVO Corse DakarZero wheels (17-inch by 8 inch)
- General Grabber X3 tires (LT285/704-17)
- StopTech braking with drilled front and rear rotors, super sport performance pads and color-matched rotors
- CBI off-road rock sliders
- CBI off-road skid plates for front, transfer case and fuel tank.
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics upgraded suspension
- Prinsu Design roof rack system
- CBI off-road rear bumper system with rear ladder, dual swing-outs, spare tire, Baja designs and S2 sport lighting
- Scepter 5-gallon water tanks
That’s a long list of additions designed to make the J201 indefatigable. Since the interior is already well equipped, there’s a slightly shorter list of adds here designed to enhance your off-road adventure. This primarily includes the ARB LINX accessory interface for lighting, air lockers, compressor control, battery monitor and angle meter.
While this is just a concept, we wouldn’t be surprised to see these accessories (or something very similar) become available to what Lexus calls the growing “global cohort of off-roading enthusiasts who adore their Lexus sport-utility vehicles.”
Since we don’t have too many more details on the J201 Concept, we’ll send you to the photo gallery below, which has every photo we could get our hands on.