Going wellll beyond the original designers wildest dreams, MIL-SPEC Automotive has released specs on its custom-built H1 Hummer. The company says engineered out the bad parts of a Hummer and filled in the gaps with amazing upgrades. One look at this H1 Hummer and it is clear, this isn’t anything like anybody saw on the battlefield.
MIL-SPEC Automotive (MSA), a Detroit, Michigan Hummer automotive specialization company, has taken the H1 to a whole new level. While it starts as a base H1, the final result is nothing like the stock model.
Tearing down the H1 to the frame rails, a 12-member team starts rebuilding with a focus improving on the vehicle’s shortcomings. Chief among those shortcomings is the notoriously under-powered powertrain. MSA corrects this flaw with a 500 HP/1000 lb-ft of torque Duramax 6.6L turbo-charged V8 diesel engine.
Then, the team works on the uncomfortable nature of the H1 by adding luxury appointments inside the cabin for the driver and passenger comfort.
“We spent two years researching, designing, and developing prototypes in our quest to build the perfect truck and we have achieved our goal with our Launch Edition,” said MSA CEO Adam Mitchell. “By focusing on superior design, attention to detail, quality craftsmanship, and a 500 horse-power engine, our Launch Edition can get you anywhere you want to go in style and comfort while setting you apart from everyone else on the road.”
Highlights of the Launch Edition’s features include:
- Five configurations: 4-door hardtop pickup, 4-door hardtop slant-back, 4-door hardtop wagon, 4-door hardtop SUV, 2-door hardtop extended bed pick up
- 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum body
- MSA textured body coating
- Ceramic underbody and engine bay coating
- Heavy duty front and rear bumper and recovery shackles
- MSA LED lighting interior/exterior
- 500 hp Duramax 6.6L LBZ turbocharged diesel V8
- Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission
- MSA four-wheel independent suspension
- Military-style alloy wheels
- Marine-grade hand-stitched leather interior
- 4 MSA Design Works Seats
- Paracord Safety handles
- Optional Bespoke Interior Program
- JL Audio C5 premium audio system
- Heated windshield
- HVAC system
- Power windows and doors
- Remote, keyless entry
- Hand-built by a specialized 12-person team in Wichita, Kansas
- Upgrade packages and a high-level of customization available
- Starts at $218,499
To see all the features on the MSA Launch Edition, Launch Edition images, and to learn more about MSA visit: http://www.milspecauto.com/ or call: 248.430.5150.