Ram announced pricing today for its newly refreshed, and off-road machine, the 2017 Ram Power Wagon.There is a new base price and an interesting package offering.
The 2017 Ram Power Wagon will start at $51,695 plus a $1,320 destination charge. Also, interesting is a new Power Wagon equipment package being offered on a Ram 2500 4×4 Crew Cab Tradesman. This package adds $8,450 to the base MSRP of $38,545 for a total of $46,995 plus a $1,320 destination fee. This is the bare bones package truck option.
New for this year’s Ram Power Wagon is a hosted of styling updates like a new grille and tailgate design with black accents, nostalgic Simon and Simon styling (late 70’s early 80’s Macho styling) and an interior filled with tire-tread-embosses seats featuring Power Wagon logo embroidery on the upper seat bolsters (top of the seats).
Mechanically, the truck is still the same with its unique list of features like:
- 12,000-pound Warn winch
- Bilstein mono-tube shocks
- Five-link rear coil spring suspension
- Smart Bar electronic disconnecting sway bar
- Electric locking front and rear differentials
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires
- Complete under-chassis armor
- 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque
- Tow hooks
Ram Power Wagon’s off-road capabilities include 14.3-inch ground clearance, 26 inches of wheel travel and 30 inches of water fording.
Personally, the Power Wagon is a favorite and the winch, which I wrote about here, is one of the most common-sense features found on any truck.
There is a $4,495 Leather and Luxury Option package for the Power Wagon. This is really the package for the outdoors man who wants comfort, technology and safety features. It includes:
- Uconnect Access 8.4 Sirius XM satellite radio with touchscreen display
- Nine Alpine speakers with subwoofer
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Heated and ventilated high-back leather-trimmed 40/20/40 front bench seats with armrest and seat cushion storage
- Power 10-way adjustable driver seat with memory, 6-way front passenger seat
- Power lumbar adjustment
- Heated steering wheel
- Rear 60/40 split folding seat with flat load floor and under-seat storage
- Parksense front and rear park assist system
- Parkview rear backup camera
- Power-folding mirrors
- Security alarm
- Integrated voice command with Bluetooth