After showing off a prototype at the North American International Auto Show in January, Acura unveiled the all-new next-gen 2019 Acura RDX at the New York International Auto Show last week. The compact SUV has received a number of power, convenience, and technology upgrades giving potential buyers a lot to love.
1. The 2019 RDX has a more aggressive stance than its predecessor. Its aggressive placement on the road is accented by dynamic body paneling, a floating roof, and sharp headlamps. At the rear, Acura’s signature Dragon Tail lights add an accent that makes it clear that the RDX is a new design direction for Acura.
2. In the words of Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, “More power!” The 2019 Acura RDX is powered by a direct-injected and turbocharged 272-horsepower 2.0-liter engine that is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. The powertrain delivers 40 percent quicker acceleration than the outgoing model thanks to the addition of 28 lb.-ft. of torque.
3. The RDX has gotten a significant boost in cargo space with its redesign. Thanks to a longer wheelbase than the previous generation, Acura has added 3.4-cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats plus 1.7 cubic-feet of compartmented underfloor storage.
4. Modern technology and some new innovations fill the RDX’s cabin. A 10.2-inch high-definition center display screen controls infotainment functions. It is controlled by a True Touchpad Interface located near the shifter in the center console. Working similarly to mirroring functions on a smartphone, the user need only press their finger on the touchpad where the button correspondingly appears on the screen ahead of them to select an option. There is no cursor.
The RDX’s 10.5-inch head-up display projects audio system settings, phone activity, AcuraWatch alerts, turn-by-turn navigation directions.
5. The base model comes very well equipped. Acura is known for their straightforward pricing structure and consequentially they pack a lot into the 2019 RDX including Acura Jewel Eye LED headlights, an ultra-wide panoramic moonroof, a power operated and height adjustable tailgate, Acura True Touchpad Interface with 10.2-inch HD Display, Apple CarPlay compatibility, Smart Entry and Smart Start, AcuraLink Connected Services with 4G LTE in-car Wi-Fi1, 12-way heated driver and passenger sport seats, four-mode Integrated Dynamics System and AcuraWatch safety and driver-assistive technology.
The 2019 Acura RDX goes on sale nationwide this summer. Pricing will be announced closer to its arrival on dealer lots.